Wildflowers of Crested Butte
CANCELLED | $599 / person
We have partnered with the Crested Butte Wildflower Festival to offer this exclusive wildflower photo workshop this summer!
ONLY 10 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
We have arranged a special deal with the beautiful Elevation Hotel and Spa in Crested Butte, Colorado. Once you register for this workshop, you will receive an email with the specific details on reserving your discounted room.
500 Gothic Road
Crested Butte, CO 81225
View and order
the 2020 Festival
Take your wildflower photography to a new level with this intensive 3-day workshop! Led by award-winning photographers James Harris and David Snyder, this workshop (part of the Crested Butte Wildflower Festival) will take you to the best wildflower viewing areas surrounding Crested Butte, the wildflower capital of Colorado. While on-location, James and David will work with each of you teaching you how to compose and capture amazing wildflower photos using the camera equipment you already own. Learn how to capture close-ups or use wildflowers in landscapes. We will also teach a half-day post-processing class where you will learn how to make your wildflower images come alive! Skill level: beginning to advanced.
• DSLR camera will be required for this workshop
• Wide-angle through telephoto lenses. A macro lens is highly recommended
• Remote shutter release
• Sturdy, but light tripod
• Daypack-style camera bag
• Extra camera batteries (these tend to discharge faster at higher altitudes and colder weather)
• Extra storage cards (there will be lots to shoot, so bring several just in case)
• Laptop Computer (for the Friday afternoon post-processing class)
• Adobe Lightroom CC (classic version)*
Please note that ANY type of weather can be encountered during this time of year at these elevations and locations, including rain, snow, and wind. Dressing in layers is the best solution since it could be warm during the days, but below freezing in the early mornings. Make sure you also have sturdy hiking shoes, and hiking poles are also recommended. We will NOT be hiking on any terrain that will be difficult other than some moderate uphill climbs. Please check back here often since things may be added to this list as we get closer to the workshop dates.
• Sturdy and comfortable hiking shoes/boots with appropriate socks
• A hat and sunglasses. The sun can be very stark and unforgiving at these altitudes
• Sun Block (see above)
• Insect repellent (optional, but recommended)
• Food and snacks (trail mix, nuts, energy bars, protein!, protein!, protein!)
• Any medications you need including prescriptions. These include antacids, anti-diarrhea, pain relievers (Tylenol, Aleve, ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.).
• Wildflower guidebooks/apps (for identification).
• All transportation from and back to the Elevation Hotel and Spa in Crested Butte.
• Bottled water
• Ice Chests
• First aid kits
• Fun, friendship, humor, and a love of photography!
Although we cover each of you with full liability insurance, you will still be required to sign a liability waiver which can be downloaded here. All instructors are first-aid trained. You are required to follow a few simple rules that are for your protection and the protection of the others:
1) Please listen to the instructors at all times.
2) Never wander away from the group for any reason, even if you have to go to the bathroom, without first letting one of our instructors know. We need to know where everyone is at all times.
3) Please respect your instructors and your fellow attendees at all times. Since this workshop is open to photographers of all skill levels, there will be no such thing as a stupid question.